Depression is different from feeling down or sad. It’s not simply a case of feeling unhappy. Unhappiness is something which everyone feels at one time or another, usually due to a particular cause. A person suffering from depression will experience intense emotions of anxiety, hopelessness, negativity and helplessness, and the feelings stay with them instead of going away.
Signs and symptoms of depression
- Tiredness and loss of energy.
- Sadness that doesn’t go away.
- Loss of self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Not being able to enjoy things that are usually pleasurable or interesting.
- Feeling anxious all the time.
- Avoiding other people, sometimes even your close friends.
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness.
- Sleeping problems – difficulties in getting off to sleep or waking up much earlier than usual.
- Very strong feelings of guilt or worthlessness.
- Finding it hard to function at work/college/school.
- Loss of appetite.
- Loss of sex drive and/or sexual problems.
- Physical aches and pains.
- Thinking about suicide and death.
Our therapists can help you to identify triggers and causes and help you work through your feelings, thoughts and identify your core beliefs which under lye your current state of mind. A therapist’s role is to help you to move to your solution state, free you of limiting beliefs and change your perspective.
Each of our therapists offer different approaches all of which are evidenced based therapies.
Which approach is best for you? If you would like to discuss the various therapies we offer and what each entails please call 023 92 176 280. Your call will be treated confidentiality and handled sensitively.