What Foot care is and how it works
Our foot care specialist can treat: verrucas, corn and callus, fungal nail and athletes foot, ingrown toenail and hard & cracked skin. She also offer a nail trimming service and general foot maintenance.
Most foot conditions stem from poor hygiene or ill-fitting foot wear. Only a very small percentage of people are born with foot condition. The way a person walks and stands (gait) can also cause problems and some foot problems are hereditary. The good news is that most foot conditions can be easily resolved with help from a Foot Health Practitioner (FHP) or a podiatrist.
Why see a Foot Health Care Practitioner?
- There is a long waiting list to see a NHS podiatrist (if you even meet criteria)
- Regular appointments will keep your feet healthy and beneficial to long term foot health
- Putting up with foot pain is uncomfortable and unnecessary
- Management of a foot condition
- Callus can only be removed by debriding. A foot file will smooth the callus but not remove it completely
- Corn plasters generally will not work and the chemical used in the plaster can irritate or burn sensitive skin.
- Sound advice on foot wear, orthotics, foot products and medicaments
Ready to give it a try?
Unsure if this is the right answer for your current situation?
Contact us now for a free and friendly first consultation.