The birth of your baby needn’t be like other people’s experiences. Each mother is different and each baby is unique. We give you a set of mental tools, including techniques for managing discomfort. Our goal is to enable you to feel calmer, more in control and more positive than you otherwise might whatever is going on and wherever you may be.
We believe chemical pain relief and/or medical intervention can be positive options confidently chosen at the right moment for mother or baby and part of a good experience of birth.
We believe in normalising birth, which means birth is a natural process that women’s bodies have evolved to be able to do. The body does know how and one of our key tasks is to help you to trust your body and its instincts so that it can perform its task as smoothly as possible
By the end of your sessions, you may be surprised just how much your mind-set has shifted, so that you can look forward to childbirth in a much more relaxed way than before. You’ll have taken your mind and body through so many positive mental rehearsals for the birth that your body can be “primed” to go through its natural process very smoothly.
- How your body is designed for conception and childbirth; a natural process which means you can embrace childbirth confidently
- How to go into a state of calm relaxation
- Personal visualisations to aid your labour and delivery
- A range of pain control techniques
- How to remain positive, in control and in communication during labour
- Why many people have painful birth experiences, how you can avoid this and have a positive birth experience instead
- Techniques that helps your pregnancy become a more enjoyable and exciting process
- Skills you learn enable you to relax, look after yourself and cope more calmly with challenges such hospital waiting rooms
- Self-hypnosis which has many benefits and will help you get to sleep easier and get back to sleep quickly if your nights are disturbed
See more details at www.childbirththerapy.co.uk