Suffering from loss, grief or bereavement? This can help.
Are you experiencing one of the following symptoms?
There are many aspects to loss, bereavement and grief
Bereavement is the time we spend adjusting to loss. It can be a painful, overwhelming and confusing journey. A host of emotions can be felt during grief including anger, confusion, sadness, guilt and loneliness. There is no standard time limit and there is no right or wrong way to feel during the bereavement period – everyone must learn to cope in their own way.
The 7 stages of grief model is a more in-depth analysis of the components of the grief process. These seven stages include shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, testing, and acceptance.
Top Tips to work through grief
- Let yourself grieve. Allow yourself to understand there is a process. You don’t need to ‘get over it’. Some days will be hard, others not so much.
- Express your feelings. Don’t suppress them, it is healthy to feel and express your emotions and feelings.
- Lean on your friends and family for support. While they cant take your pain away, the journey is a lot easier when you know you have someone who cares walking beside you.
- Take care of your physical and emotional health. When you feel lost and lonely it is easy to neglect your needs.
- Book some sessions with a experienced therapist. A qualified and experienced counsellor can help you through your journey, give to space to talk, share and heal.
How we can help you
Our counsellors can help you to work through the emotions you may feel as you move through the grief curve. Sometimes, grief can turn into something more serious – like depression.
Our counsellors can provide support during these very difficult times. Talking about the loss often allows a person to adjust to their new life with all its changes – good and bad. Keeping things bottled up or denying the sadness could prolong the pain. Any loss has to be acknowledged for us to move forward. Counselling tries to help clients find a place for their loss so they can carry on with life and eventually find acceptance.
Therapies to help you through your bereavement
Unsure what‘s the best solution for you?
Contact us now for a free and friendly first consultation.